Cleaning media filenames

I have noticed over the years that Kodi falls down badly when it comes to getting media information.

If even one file in a folder is not "properly" named the entire directory doesn't get imported.

I was a little tempted to try and patch the Kodi source code, but frankly it's a little complicated to understand.

Instead I thought I would play a little more with node-red:

https://github.com/marsjupiter1/node-red-media-file-name-cleaning-flow

Gives you a flow you can import and which is entirely harmless until you connect the final rename node.

It scans down folders and strips out all but the essential information in the filename.



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A reliable tuya authentication in node-red

Arduino boards - what I wish I'd known when starting

node-red a full home automation example